The Development Associate is an integral part of the Development Team, working on and supporting all aspects of Wave Hill’s fundraising and stewardship initiatives and special events.
- Provide excellent administrative support to the Executive Director, the Development Director and entire Development team.
- Respond to donor inquiries, draft personalized correspondence and prepare acknowledgment letters.
- Conduct research on individuals, foundations and corporate prospects, and prepare donor profiles.
- Coordinate email and social media fundraising appeals and campaigns.
- Support Development staff by coordinating and executing various mailings, including, but not limited to, benefit and special-event invitations and appeal mailings.
- Maintain and update donor information in Altru database, including financial and biographical information, and generate queries for various fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors meetings and Board minute books.
- Assist with correspondence for institutional donors, including acknowledgment letters, proposals and reports.
- Work with the Finance Office to help prepare the annual audit.
- Provide administrative support for all donor events, including tracking financial contributions and tickets, and generating door lists, placecards and nametags.
- Coordinate logistics for donor meetings, luncheons and other special events.
- Supervise interns and volunteers as needed.
- Provide general office assistance, such as ordering supplies, entering data and filing and sorting mail.
- Serve as back-up for Membership Associate.
- Related duties as needed.
- College degree required with a minimum of one year of development experience
- Excellent communication skills, as well as superior proof-reading skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, as well as independently
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required demonstrable Raiser’s Edge or Altru database experience required
- Strong telephone, customer-service and interpersonal skills required
- Well-organized, responsible, dependable and detail-oriented individual
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Send resume, cover letter and writing samples in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please state Development Associate in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
No phone calls, please.