Family Art Project Intern
This year-long position provides qualified high school or college students with opportunities to learn and practice skills, such as working with the public, handling different art materials and techniques and being part a dynamic team of educators.
The Intern assists at the Family Art Project, a long-running and well-attended weekend drop-in program. Interns have an important role in helping shape the experience of the families who attend. Interns assist in setting up, preparing for, cleaning up after and directly facilitating the Family Art Project to children and adults. The content, theme and materials are nature- and seasonally-based and change every week.
• Desire to work with families
• Interest and enthusiasm for the arts
• Ability and willingness to handle all maintenance tasks related to set-up, clean-up.
• Flexible, team player
• Outgoing personality and interest in developing leadership skills
• High school sophomore through college junior
• Experience working with children
• Regular weekend availability
The schedule is approximately four days per month, Saturdays and/or Sundays, as assigned by the Intern Coordinator. The hours are 9AM–4PM. The internship began n July 2017, and runs through June 2018.
The stipend is $9.00/hour, for an average of 28 hours per month, Saturdays and/or Sundays. This is a 12-month position, with an opportunity to renew for an additional year.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.