The Membership Associate is responsible for coordinating and managing all correspondence, donations, and events for Wave Hill’s Members including solicitations, promotions, renewals and acknowledgments and ensuring all Membership Benefits are fulfilled.
Oversee, coordinate and execute Membership mailings, emails and social media posts, which includes monthly renewals; prospecting and special promotions; invitations, Membership discounts, and information regarding Member benefits; and outreach to lapsed Members.
- Process and review all Membership gifts and data, ensuring biographical, programmatic and financial information is accurate and up-to-date in the Altru database.
- Work with Visitor Services Department to provide customer service to all Members.
- Work with Director of Development and other Development Staff to manage the Contributing Membership group and develop strategies to grow this Membership level.
- Implement stewardship procedures for general Members, Contributing Members and Partner Members.
- Generate regular database reports, including financial and analytical reports and overall Membership statistics.
- Generate acknowledgement letters and Membership cards, as well as renewal lists for review.
- Prepare renewal packages for all basic and high-level Members.
- Respond to Membership inquiries and draft personal correspondence to basic and high-level Members, including thank-you notes and emails.
- Work with the Director of Development and Marketing Department on printed and digital materials for Membership.
- Maintain inventory of Membership materials and stationery.
- Ensure Membership pages on website are up-to-date.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the overall needs of the Development Department, including assistance with direct mail, and special events.
- Provide general office assistance and serve as back-up for Development Associate.
- Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required; demonstrable Raiser’s Edge or Altru database experience required; familiarity with Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong telephone and in-person customer-service and interpersonal skills required.
- A minimum of one year of office experience required.
- Membership or development experience strongly preferred.
- Must be a well-organized, responsible, dependable and detail-oriented individual.
- Interest in horticulture, gardening and cultural programming a plus.
- Familiarity with Riverdale and its surrounding Bronx communities a plus.
- Position requires work on weeknights and weekend.
Salary & Benefits
This full-time, non-exempt position is under a collective bargaining agreement. The Membership Associate works five days a week, and must be available occasionally to work on weeknights and weekends.
The salary is $38,851.
Benefits include major medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a 401k with a pension plan and life insurance.
Submit letter, resume and salary history by email to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling-basis until the position is filled.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
No phone callsor emails, please!