Wave Hill seeks a part-time Educator to join the Education Department, to work primarily with school and partnership programs. The education programs at Wave Hill aim to connect participants to the natural world with high quality, personal, hands-on experiences that align with NYC and NGSS Standards. The Educator works with a team of education staff to plan, prepare, lead and evaluate programs for children from pre-K to 12th grade, including seasonal outdoor investigations and offsite programs. The Educator will assist in developing and facilitating professional development seminars, which focus on aiding teachers, and other educational professionals, in developing curriculum and integrating science and art into their curriculum. In addition to daily teaching, the position includes administrative duties, such as curriculum writing, miantenance and ordering supplies.
In addition to the following qualifications, the ideal candidate should be energetic, outgoing and organized.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s Degree in Education, or a candidate who is pursuing one, is preferred
- Experienced teaching school-aged children in an informal setting
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Interacts comfortably with groups of children in a classroom setting and out of doors
- Familiar with, and interested, in natural science, nature and/or art
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
16 hours a week, with availability on weekday mornings
Salary and Schedule
$18 per hour, 16 hours per week, with a commitment through the end of August, 2018, and the possibility of continuing beyond that date.
Please send resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Part-Time Educator Application in the subject of the email.
No phone calls, please.