Private Events Coordinator (Hourly)
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Conferences, the Private Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the sales and execution of private events. Each year, Wave Hill schedules approximately 25 to 30 private, catered events. These are held after public hours and include weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, engagement anniversary parties and significant birthday parties for adults.
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct scheduled site walk-throughs with prospective clients.
- Answer promptly all telephone and email inquiries from prospective clients.
- Maintain the private-events calendar in Altru database.
- Prepare all contracts and invoices for private events. Enter all payments into Altru database system.
- Prepare financial reports, budget forecasts, track and meet revenue goals.
- Act as primary liaison with the Events Director from Great Performances (GP), our exclusive caterer and with GP event-captain on day of event.
- Coordinate all day-of activities with the Director of Visitor Services and/or Senior Manager of Visitors Services, including receipt of vendors and rentals.
- Coordinate security and custodial needs for the event, including set-up, breakdown and storage of rental deliveries and pick-up.
- Maintain working relationships with outside event and production vendors, working closely with client, client’s event planner and GP to insure Wave Hill’s guidelines are followed.
- Lead effort with Wave Hill Marketing Department to promote Wave Hill as a private-event venue. Promotion may include pro-active outreach to wedding planners, venue publications and other marketing resources.
3+ years of experience in event planning or production, wedding sales or special events management.
- Strong computer skills: CMS database, Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required.
- Strong communication skills and an open, friendly, polished manner. Able to work with VIP clients under pressure with ease.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.