Security & Visitors Experience Officers
The Security & Visitor Experience Officer assists in maintaining an excellent working condition by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free. The Security & Visitor Experience Officer must have excellent customer service skills when dealing with our visitors and staff. A full-time and a part-time positon are available.
- Learn and enforce Wave Hill’s rules and regulations.
- Patrol the grounds frequently, ensuring that all is safe and secure.
- Set up conference facilities and equipment for public and private events.
- Preserve the safety of staff and visitors.
- Alert proper authorities to all unusual incidents.
- Respond to all alarms (fire, security, flood, etc.) and other emergency situations; and provide accurate information to protect lives and property.
- Escort visitors to and from restricted areas.
- Write clear and concise incident reports.
- Take responsibility for in-house mail delivery.
- Assist with snow removal or custodial duties resulting from inclement weather.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Able to learn and understand who are our visitors and Members.
- Able to engage with visitors in a professional and cordial manner.
- Assist visitors and staff when needed.
- Able to communicate clearly with visitors, event guests and staff.
- With a positive and patience attitude, inform visitors and guests of Wave Hill’s rules and regulations.
New York-certified, with at least one to two years’ experience in the security field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a public garden or cultural institution preferable.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, including folding tables, chairs and boxes.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including weekends.
- Able to consistently follow correct safety procedures.
- While on duty, respond flexibly while on duty to emergencies and other situations that may require immediate attention. While off duty, able return to work as requested when emergencies arise (for example, snow removal and water leaks).
- Bring a sense of urgency to work and work cooperatively with staff and the public.
- Able to write detailed, accurate reports in a clear comprehensive manner.
- Able to remain calm under stress and interact with diverse groups of people.
Two positions are currently available, one part-time and one full-time.
Send resume and cover letter, stating Security & Visitors Experience Officer in the subject line, to email@example.com. Please use a valid email when sending resumes. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled, and only those receiving an invitation to interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
No calls, please!