Special Projects and Events Manager (Full-Time)
The positon of Special Projects and Events Manager, who reports to the Director of Development, is open immediately.
- Work with the Director of Development to develop the strategy for annual cultivation, donor and fundraising events in order to increase revenue and membership.
- Oversee, plan and manage development, solicitation, and production of Wave Hill’s benefit events including the annual spring gala and annual gardeners’ benefit, auction and plant sale.
- Maintain working relationships with volunteer, board and committee groups for high-profile Wave Hill benefit events.
- Oversee, plan and manage annual events, including the Harvest Dinner, Members Picnic, Cocktails in the Garden, Art Previews and the Members Holiday Event.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and manage new fund-raising, profile-raising or brand-development annual events for specially targeted audiences, such as families, teens or young adults/young patrons.
- Work with senior staff and various departments to oversee, manage and plan special events.
- Plan, coordinate and manage annual donor dinners, as well as small cultivation dinners, receptions and events.
- Maintain working relationships with outside event and production vendors.
- Provide production support to the various departments for on-site and off-site events, such as Wave Hill's annual Horticultural Lectures.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships and coordinate sponsor/donor recognition and participation for a variety of events and projects.
- Maintain, analyze and oversee budgets and revenue related to events.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in event production and fund-raising; experience working with event sponsors a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and be extremely well organized, detail-oriented and reliable.
- Must have strong computer skills: Raiser’s Edge or Altru, Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required.
- Should have demonstrable interest and/or experience in horticulture, outdoor programming and arts and culture.
- Familiarity with Riverdale and its surrounding communities a plus.
- College degree required.
Salary and Benefits
We offer major medical, dental, vision, and 401k with a pension. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send a letter of interest, resume, salary expectations and writing sample to Special Events Manager Search at email@example.com.
No telephone calls, please.
October 22, 2017