Family Art Project: Myth and Morphology CANCELLED!
On the Grounds
Free with admission
Morphology is the study of botanical form, and it has long inspired folklore and legends. Observe plant anatomies through the art of botanical illustration to inform your own myth-making. Through observational drawings and layering collages of the myths take time to imagine what wisdom you may glean from the way these plants grow.
- The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a “come back” card so you will have first entry for the next session.
- Shine only. Check the website starting at 8AM morning of, for the status of the day’s program.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and to work with natural materials.
- Have your masks on when you arrive! And please be prepared to respect physical distancing throughout your stay.
- Location is the Shade Border Lawn, just up the hill from Wave Hill House. Staff will greet you there!
- Throughout the program, staff will follow strict cleaning and physical distancing protocols to be sure that all materials and surfaces are safe for you to use.
- The Conifer Slope is on a grassy hill. If getting there will be difficult for you or any family member, please contact Mallory Muya, our Arts Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. We want to accommodate your needs whenever possible.
Most important: Please come prepared to relax and connect fully with the beauty and serenity of Wave Hill in summer!