Family Art Project: Nurtured Nature Homes
What structures of support does a plant need to grow? How do animals survive and thrive in the homes they build? Learn from insects, animals, and even plants, about how nature is nurtured by the habitat it lives in. Use natural materials to build structures of support, creating small shelters that nurture a sense of home.
See our new guidelines and join us on the Conifer Slope!
- Family Art Project will happen outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and to work with natural materials.
- Shine only. Check the website the morning of for the status of the day’s program.
- Please, everyone, have your masks on when you arrive, and be prepared to respect physical distancing throughout your stay.
- The location will be the Conifer Slope, just to the right of Wave Hill House. Please enter from the roadway that runs along the front of Wave Hill House and to the lawn leading down to the Conifer Slope. Staff will greet you there!
- The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a “come back” card so you will have first entry for the next session.
- Throughout the program, staff will follow strict cleaning and physical distancing protocols to be sure that all materials and surfaces are safe for you to use.
- Most important: Please come prepared to relax and connect fully with the beauty and serenity of Wave Hill in fall!
The Conifer Slope is on a grassy hill. If getting there will be difficult for you or any family member, please contact Mallory Muya, our Arts Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to accommodate your needs whenever possible!
Please remember you must have registered online to visit Wave Hill that day in order to participate in the Family Art Project—the number of visitors we can accommodate continues to follow New York State and New York City guidelines. Also note that Saturday mornings are not admission-free at this time.
We can’t wait to welcome you back!