Family Art Project: The Brilliance of Seeds and Weeds
On the Grounds
Free with admission
Weeds are defined for their ability to grow in the most unexpected places. Seeds are first able to take root through dispersal to grow where they will thrive. Honor the resilience of weeds and seeds through using these plant parts as materials to make paper. Illustrate the journey that these plants take, from germination to dispersal.
- The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a “come back” card so you will have first entry for the next session.
- Shine only. Check the website starting at 8AM morning of, for the status of the day’s program.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and to work with natural materials.
- Have your masks on when you arrive! And please be prepared to respect physical distancing throughout your stay.
- Location is the Shade Border Lawn, just up the hill from Wave Hill House. Staff will greet you there!
- Throughout the program, staff will follow strict cleaning and physical distancing protocols to be sure that all materials and surfaces are safe for you to use.
- The Conifer Slope is on a grassy hill. If getting there will be difficult for you or any family member, please contact Mallory Muya, our Arts Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to accommodate your needs whenever possible.
Most important: Please come prepared to relax and connect fully with the beauty and serenity of Wave Hill in summer!