Family Art Project: The Language of Flowers
On the Grounds
Free with admission
Floriography is the art of using flowers to communicate a message. Use egg cartons, toilet paper rolls and other upcycled materials to create your own bouquet. Place your arrangement in an embellished vase of your own making, illustrated with a sentiment you’d like to share.
- The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a “come back” card so you will have first entry for the next session.
- Shine only. Check the website starting at 8AM morning of, for the status of the day’s program.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and to work with natural materials.
- Have your masks on when you arrive! And please be prepared to respect physical distancing throughout your stay.
- Location is the Shade Border Lawn, just up the hill from Wave Hill House. Staff will greet you there!
- Throughout the program, staff will follow strict cleaning and physical distancing protocols to be sure that all materials and surfaces are safe for you to use.
- The Conifer Slope is on a grassy hill. If getting there will be difficult for you or any family member, please contact Mallory Muya, our Arts Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to accommodate your needs whenever possible.
Most important: Please come prepared to relax and connect fully with the beauty and serenity of Wave Hill in summer!