Art, Community and Environmental Stewards Internship
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Tell us what excites you most about working with community, arts and the environment, what stewardship means to you, why it's important and ways you'd like the internship to help you grow.
The application deadline for Summer 2020 is Monday, July 13.
- Desire to work with families
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for the arts and the environment
- Willingness to build skills in facilitation, maintenance of space, materials management and collaboration
- Ability to be a flexible team player
- A passion or curiosity for storytelling, nature, art and building with community
- Experience working with children or families
- Regular weekend availability
- Age 15 to20, and legally authorized to work in the United States
The schedule is four to six days per month, Saturdays and Sundays, from 9AM–4PM. Interns can expect to be scheduled about three times monthly in the mornings, and to meet as an entire group from 1:30 – 4 PM three times a month. The internship begins in Summer 2020.
The pay rate is $10.00/hour, for an average of 25 hours per month on weekends. This is a 12-month position, with an opportunity to renew for an additional year upon successful completion.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is committed to creating an environment which promotes the diversity, equity, and inclusion of all applicants and employees. The education department strives not only to accept but to affirm and celebrate all identities. Race, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and veteran status are not barriers to employment at Wave Hill. Please feel welcome to communicate any special needs or requirements to be accommodated throughout the application and hiring processes.