Family Art Project Facilitator/Storyteller
Role and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Art Education Coordinator, the Facilitator/Storyteller works closely with FAP staff to prepare and facilitate the introduction to the program through interdisciplinary storytelling. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with FAP staff to develop cohesive programmatic introductions through storytelling to engage program participants in a deeper understanding of each weekend’s art project.
- Research and select age- and theme-appropriate stories from books, dances, songs, theater-based play, etc., to use in the introduction of weekend projects.
- Greet and interact with program participants, ensuring a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Lead the facilitation of the program’s introduction on select weekend days through engaging in social-emotional learning and environmental sciences in fun, engaging, and accessible ways.
- Availability Saturdays and/or Sundays throughout the year
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children and/or intergenerational groups in non-traditional educational settings
- Experience facilitating culturally-responsive programming to diverse audiences
- Proficiency in Spanish, Russian or other language a plus
Schedule and Salary
This is a part-time, year round position, which requires working weekends. Salary is $18 per hour for approximately 24 hours per month. This position reports to the Art Education Coordinator.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill: Wave Hill is committed to creating an environment which promotes the diversity, equity, and inclusion of all applicants and employees. The education department strives not only to accept but to affirm and celebrate all identities. Race, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and veteran status are not barriers to employment at Wave Hill. Please feel welcome to communicate any special needs or requirements to be accommodated throughout the hiring process.