Assistant Director of Philanthropy & Donor Engagement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and a writing sample, and include Assistant Director of Philanthropy & Donor Engagement in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
- Work closely with the CPEO, create and execute strategic, goal-driven plans for philanthropic giving programs, initiatives and events—both in person and virtually—that increase donor retention, revenue, and engagement.
- Partner with Philanthropy and Engagement team as well as senior staff to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts through events and fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee Wave Hill’s fundraising events including the Spring Gala and Gardeners’ Party and ensure events meet revenue projections; serve as liaison for Benefit Event Committees, Co-Chairs and Honorees.
- Work closely with the CPEO and Assistant Manager of Donor Relations to oversee the Leadership Council, Wave Hill’s major donor membership group, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage portfolio of event and major donors; identify prospects and work with Executive Director and CPEO to solicit major gifts.
- Oversee donor cultivation and stewardship events including dinners, receptions, and tours.
- Working closely with the CPEO and the Philanthropy and Engagement team as well as the Marketing team, create and implement an annual donor communication and stewardship plan that includes acknowledgment letters, impact reports, updates, benefits and other correspondence as needed.
- Oversee comprehensive annual fund campaigns that include direct mail, email and social media.
- Create, maintain and analyze budgets and revenue.
- Manage staff, with three direct reports, volunteers and interns.
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Must have 5+ years of experience in philanthropy, individual giving, and events.
- Excellent communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, major donors, and members.
- Experience with virtual and hybrid events.
- Proven track-record of increasing revenue and engagement through events.
- Experience soliciting major gifts.
- Big-picture thinker yet detail oriented; self-driven and highly motivated; well-organized.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, adapt and change priorities.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and donor database(s)
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers a 401(k) with a pension plan, and medical, dental and vision plans, with paid time off.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.