Family Art Project Assistant
This position will support the success of FAP programs that immerse children and their families in the pleasures and wonders of Wave Hill’s gardens and art exhibitions at Glyndor Gallery through hands-on, nature-based, art activities that encourage creativity and imagination. This program runs year-round, with a drop-in format each weekend.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume. Please include Family Art Project Assistant in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Under the direction of the Arts Education Coordinator, the Assistant works closely with FAP staff to prepare and facilitate weekly programs that include an art project component. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and interact with program participants, ensuring a positive and engaging environment
- Lead interns and volunteers during the set-up, facilitation of, and the clean-up after each day’s program
- Assist with the preparation of supplies and materials for each weekend project, including demonstrations, displays and signage
- Organize supplies and materials, and keep track of inventory
- Assist with maintenance of space to ensure a clean and safe program environment
- Work with Arts Education Coordinator to support interns in project-based learning and professional development
- Oversee the program when the Art Education Coordinator is not present, including managing staff and logistics
- Other duties as needed
- Available to work Saturday and Sundays throughout the year
- Background in art, education, museum education or related field
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children and/or intergenerational groups in a non-traditional educational setting
- Ability and willingness to handle all maintenance tasks related to set-up and clean-up of the project
- Fluency in Spanish or another language a plus
Schedule and Salary
This is a part-time, year-round position, which requires working weekends. Salary is $20 per hour with a weekly 14-hour schedule of Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 4pm.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.