Key to providing a positive visitor and Member experience
A member of the Visitor Services Department, this position provides oversight to the Greeter team and must set an example of hospitality and excellent customer service.
The Admissions Coordinator reports to the Manager of Visitor Experience.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resumes and state Admissions Coordinator in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
- Process daily admissions, memberships and ticket sales using Altru database
- Follow the cash handling policy on opening and closing daily register, ensuring register is correct and there is no shortage or overage in the daily income count
- Ensure that all Greeters maintain Front Gate procedures and processes
- Provide visitors with program and directional information upon their arrival
- Assist Manager of Visitor Experience with reporting daily transaction at the end of day
- Resolve issues with visitors or direct the visitor to the proper personnel
- Maintain good organization of the Gatehouse
- Schedule Greeters to provide hospitality for special events
- Assist Director and Manager with daily Visitor Services operations as needed, which may include cash handling; grounds coverage; staff supervision, training, daily assignments and run of show and shift coverage
- Provide input on greeter performance evaluations
- A high school degree or equivalent
- Two to three years of customer service or hospitality experience
- Ability to handle currency with a high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of CRM database a plus
- Calm professional and mature demeanor and demonstrate accuracy under pressure
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Reliable and dependable; excellent on-time attendance
- Ability to confirm to a flexible schedule
- 21 to 28 hours per week
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Salary and Benefits
This position pays an hourly rate of $18.00 to $20.00 per hour.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.