Part-Time Clerk in The Shop at Wave Hill
Day-to-Day Focus on Customer Experience
The Shop at Wave Hill is seeking outgoing individuals with excellent customer service skills to handle day-to-day sales and assist with Shop operations. The Shop reflects the organization’s nature-related mission, offering gardening items, nature books and guides, educational children’s items, logo merchandise and a variety of fine gifts.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to the address below.
Primary duties include:
- Engage with customers on the sales floor and over the telephone, and provide excellent customer service
- Welcome visitors, guide them through products, answer questions and make sure sure visitors have a positive experience
- Work with POS system and accurately follow register and cash-handling procedures
- Receive, unpack and price incoming merchandise
- Maintain Shop's presentation and cleanliness standards, including the outdoor gardens-sales area
- Water and help maintain plants
- Organize stockroom and manage inventory
- Work as part of a team, including being able to take the initiative independently of direct supervision
- Multitask with one or more projects
- Energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and have excellent customer-service skills
- Six months to a year of retail sales and cash-handling experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn about merchandise as it relates to customer needs
- Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, knell and climb repeated during the work day
This position requires weekend and holiday availability.
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $15.00 per hour.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.