Part-Time Clerk in The Shop at Wave Hill
Primary duties include:
- Engage with customers on the sales floor and over the telephone, and provide excellent customer service
- Welcome visitors, guide them through products, answer questions and make sure sure visitors have a positive experience
- Work with POS system and accurately follow register and cash-handling procedures
- Receive, unpack and price incoming merchandise
- Maintain Shop's presentation and cleanliness standards, including the outdoor gardens-sales area
- Water and help maintain plants
- Organize stockroom and manage inventory
- Work as part of a team, including being able to take the initiative independently of direct supervision
- Multitask with one or more projects
- Energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and have excellent customer-service skills
- Six months to a year of retail sales and cash-handling experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn about merchandise as it relates to customer needs
- Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, knell and climb repeated during the work day
This position is flexible and is for two to three days of work a week, including weekends and holidays.
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $15.00 per hour.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.