Senior Sales Associate (Part-Time)
Key, retail-sales position
The Wave Hill Shop is seeking an experienced, customer service-oriented individual to join our retail sales team as a part-time Senior Sales Associate. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Partnership. The Senior Sales associate is in charge of the day-to-day operations of The Shop working as a team with another Senior Sales Associate and the Director of Corporate Partnership.
The Shop reflects the organization’s nature-related mission, offering gardening items, nature books and guides, educational children’s items, logo merchandise and a variety of fine gifts.
How to Apply
Primary duties include:
- Engage customers on the sales floor and over the telephone, and provide excellent customer service
- Create, design and maintain merchandise displays
- Receive, unpack and price inventory
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Ensure daily cash procedures are adhered to, including accurate register operations and cash handling
- Set a positive, enthusiastic and professional tone for staff and visitors
- Articulate clear and concise directions and set priorities, with thorough follow-up on projects
- Work independently and be a self-starter
- Maintain The Shop's presentation and cleanliness standards, which include the outdoor garden-sales area
- Water and help maintain plants
- Organize stockroom organization and manage inventory
- Multi-taskers are welcome, as are candidates who are attentive to customers yet can remain flexible in response to the needs of the business
- Other duties, as assigned
- Two years of supervisory experience in a sales or retail capacity
- Energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and customer-service oriented
- Sales and cash-handling experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent skills as a communicator and listener
- Able to learn about merchandise and how it translates to customer needs
- This position involves constant moving, talking, smiling, listening, reaching, grabbing and being on your feet for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders, and you must be able to lift 20 pounds.
Salary and Schedule
A flexible schedule is required, including weekends and holidays, two to three days a week.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.