Manager of Private Events and Tours
- Conduct both scheduled and unscheduled site walk-throughs with prospective clients.
- Answer all telephone and email inquiries from prospective clients, including follow-up towards confirmation.
- Maintain the calendar in Altru database, balancing requests for events and tours within the needs of programming and staff constraints.
- Properly reserve events and tours in Altru, process payments, maintain customer database and keep all financial reports and budget forecasts up to date. Create, send, and follow up on all invoicing.
- Be able to present revenue and receipt stream quarterly for tours and events.
- Act as primary liaison with the Events Director from Great Performances, our exclusive caterer.
- Manage the onsite event, ensuring customer satisfaction within the constraints of a small public garden. Properly balance customer requests with protecting the property and minimizing invasive actions.
- Coordinate and manage security and custodial needs for the event, including set-up, breakdown and storage of rental deliveries and pick-up.
- Maintain working relationships with outside event and production vendors. Ensure that vendors abide by Wave Hill guidelines while they are onsite.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to promote Wave Hill as a private-event venue.
- Develop and maintain group tour protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate with scheduler to assign Garden Guides to lead tour groups. Serve as primary contact onsite for tour groups, providing service to group tour clients by answering questions, providing information, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensuring that logistics for group tours and conferences are communicated and planned to minimize garden impact.
- Collaborate with Marketing department to promote Wave Hill as a Private tour destination.
- Provide general support in overall office operations, set up plans, assignments and projects.
- Respond to questions regarding overall departmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Fill in for Director as necessary.
- Accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends. Event business primarily happens May through October, and weekends are mandatory during these months.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two years’ nonprofit experience in an event-fulfillment or hospitality setting
- Previous experience managing a team
- Welcoming, outgoing and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills, requiring proficiency in CMS database, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working well in a team environment
Salary and Benefits
The salary of this full-time position will be commensurate with experience. Wave Hill offers an excellent benefits package.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.