How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources. Please include Marketing Manager in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
The Marketing Manager is the primary project/production manager for the department, oversees content creation and editing, (Chicago Manual of Style) and manages relationships with the press. Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other departmental directors, the manager should be equally proficient with day-to-day marketing activities and long-term strategy. This position interfaces with staff across the institution, as well as outside the organization to complete complex projects under tight deadlines so a firm managerial hand combined with flexible creative problem solving is optimal.
- Work with stakeholders to manage all text, images and video for email, website, and printed materials, shepherding it through conceptualization, creation and editing
- Traffic all materials for approval, and finalize/proof all materials for publication both digital and print
- Oversee email calendar, tracking and analyzing performance and creating reports and recommendations for department head and stakeholders
- Develop a print production calendar and coordinate mailing calendars with other departments. Work with department Director to optimize frequency and focus of communications and ensure proper balance of content.
- Manage production of printed materials, including brochures, mailers, invitations, direct mail and informational pieces, stationery, etc., as needed
- Oversee ongoing website content development, in coordination with Social and Digital Media Manager
- Work with staff designer to create advertisements and other collateral material, as needed
- Write copy as directed by department Director
- Copy-edit short-form text for all media and print
- Copy-edit exhibition didactics and essays for curatorial department
- Sensitively work with stakeholders to develop and shape text in keeping with organizational voice, word count requirements and audience comprehension standards
- Draft and distribute press releases using Meltwater
- Research press leads using Meltwater, as well as by gathering new contacts through stakeholders
- Monitor and archive press mentions, including for website and board consumption
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with press, identify new opportunities
- Post Wave Hill events to external event calendars
- Manage press requests and organize very occasional press events
- Serve as primary contact for press visits, editorial photo shoots and promotional events
- Develop and implement strategies to increase press coverage for gardens and programs. Advise stakeholders as to what press contacts interests and trends to assist them in promoting their programs
- Source print and web listings and recommend strategies to department Director
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Three to five years’ marketing experience
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated success in helping to develop marketing plans and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to be a team player and contribute to a collaborative environment
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Familiarity with Meltwater, Cisionpoint or other public relations tools
- Knowledge of Basecamp or other project management tools
- Familiarity with Altru or other donor database systems, preferred
- CMS/website experience is a plus
- Established contacts in media is a plus
- Flexible schedule, with occasional weekend and evening event attendance required
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this full-time position will be based on candidate’s experience, with a range of $50,000 to $60,000. An excellent benefits package includes a 401(K) and pension plan. Hybrid work schedule available after four weeks of employment.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.