Primary duties include:
- Teach virtual and in-person school programming including academic year field trips, partnerships, teacher workshops and summer camps
- Work with a team of education staff to implement programs for students from pre-K to 12th grade, including seasonal outdoor investigations and off-site programs
- Perform administrative duties, such as program material maintenance and ordering of supplies
- Other duties as needed
- Energetic, reliable, and organized
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental/nature education, museum education or related field
- Experience teaching school-aged children in an informal setting and virtual teaching is a plus
- Cultural competency to work with diverse audiences and have a progressive, social and environmental justice-oriented teaching style
- Comfortable interacting with groups of children in a classroom setting and outdoors
- Computer skills that include remote platforms and Microsoft office
- Strong interest in Wave Hill’s education programming and mission
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
This is a part-time position, with a 16 hours per week schedule, ideally Tuesday-Friday from 9AM to1PM. The position will start in September with a commitment through though the academic school year, and the possibility to continue.
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $18 per hour.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.