Private Events Coordinator
Primary duties include:
• Handles phone calls for private events and tours - including sales calls
• Schedules and conduct pre—event walkthroughs for private events
• Creates event and tour bookings in our online reservation system
• Email correspondence with event and tour clients that may include confirmation of dates, payment
schedules, follow up with our in house caterer, and vendor and planner guideline communication.
• Front facing greeting guests and vendors on event and tour days answering questions, directing
people and vehicles within the property for a smooth event.
• Creating event timelines and managing support staff and vendors for event
• Receptionist duties during event evenings, answering questions, directing guests to the restrooms,
handling back gate traffic and vendors unloading into event space, and keeping security up to date
on any potential issues with guests or vendors.
• Light office duties of filing, mailing lists, creating and follow up on contracts and payments in relation
to payment schedules
• Ability to work as part of a team and also take initiative independent of direct supervision.
• Multi-taskers are welcome, being attentive to guests while remaining fluid to the needs of the event
and maintaining garden protocol.
• Associates or Bachelors Degree
• Must be energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and customer service-oriented
• Familiarity with the event and/or tourism industries.
• Experience with Events and Wedding sales.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Excellent communicator including writing skills and telephone communication
• Must be available to work on weekends and evenings.
• This position involves indoor and outdoor work while constantly moving, talking, smiling, listening,
reaching and being on your feet for at least five consecutive hours. You must be able to lift 15 pounds.
Schedule and Salary
Flexible schedule includes weekend flexibility, 3-5 days or evenings per week while the Senior Manager
of Private Events is on leave, and then continuing on through the end of event season. Position may be
extended if business allows. Rate of pay is $22.00 per hour.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.