Public Programs Assistant
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter in a single PDF document, stating Public Programs Assistant in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Database: build programs in Altru (Wave Hill’s constituent management system used by Public Programs for ticketing, registration, and scheduling programs); create reports and pull statistics
- Communicate with program participants by email and phone
- Provide general administrative duties for the department such as setting up meetings, booking conference rooms, tracking department expenses, etc.
- Perform budget-related responsibilities including, but not limited to, completing invoices, processing check requests, and updating budget sheets
- Create and manage contracts/letters of agreements with instructors and consultants and maintain instructor database
- Ensure public programs information on website and social media is accurate and up-to-date. Report any requirements for updates and changes to the marketing department
- Source and order program materials and office supplies and organize supplies and storage areas
- Check-in program participants for occasional weekend programs
- Work with public program staff to implement programs during the week and some larger themed event weekends throughout the year
- Record minutes at monthly Garden Guide meetings and send updates to volunteers
- Provide technical support for onsite and virtual lectures and classes, including setting up and running zoom, and audio-visual equipment set ups and trouble shooting
- Create copy for social media and YouTube videos with accompanying closed captions
- Film and edit video content for Instagram reels and other related platforms
- CMS Database management experience – Altru, Razor’s Edge, Tessitura or similar. Additional training provided by Wave Hill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Teams, and beginner level Excel and PowerPoint) An understanding and familiarity with audio-visual equipment set-up, running and troubleshooting Zoom meetings and webinars, etc., or willingness to learn
- A willingness to learn video editing software and filming with video camera., previous experience a plus
- Ability to interact amiably and effectively with staff, instructors, volunteers, program participants and the general public
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- 1-2 years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- Bachelor’s degree (or Associate’s Degree plus commensurate experience)
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and walk over rugged terrain
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Salary and Benefits
- The salary for this permanent, full-time position is commensurate with experience. Schedule includes occasional evenings and weekends.
- Wave Hill offers major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and pension, three weeks’ vacation, sick days, and personal days.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.