Part-Time Admissions Greeter
- Maintain the integrity of Front Gate processes.
- Maintain the Gatehouse as a functional working area, keeping it clean, tidy, and organized.
- Maintain a consistent log of all visitors by using Wave Hill's operational software system, Altru.
- Open and close daily register, ensuring the starting and closing register is correct and there is no shortage or overage in the daily income count.
- Assist Visitor Service Manager with reporting daily transaction at the end of day.
- Interact with visitors to complete a smooth and efficient financial transaction of the applicable charges.
- Quickly process occasional large crowds and demonstrate accuracy under pressure
- Handle any issues with a visitor or direct the visitor to the proper personnel.
- Work with other department members on days when there are special events.
- Work with Security staff to assist visitors to the proper location in the garden.
- Work with Development Department on procedures for enrolling new Wave Hill Members.
- Record incoming packages.
- Follow Wave Hill's safety procedures and protocols.
- Write detailed, accurate reports in a clear comprehensive manner.
- High-school diploma or the equivalent
- Handles currency with high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Able to learn new software systems, especially Altru.
- Excellent customer-service skills.
- Experience in visitor service with a public garden or cultural institution a plus
- Possesses a calm professional demeanor
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- While on duty, able to respond flexibly to emergencies and other situations that may require immediate attention
- Able to remain calm under stress and interact with diverse groups of people
- Experience in a public garden or cultural institution preferable
- Able to lift a minimum of 30lbs
- Holds a valid driver's license
The Part-Time Admissions Greeter works a four-day work week, including weekends, with some flexibility.
This position pays $13 per hour.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.