Please note that Membership applications are only accepted between 11AM and 3PM, Tuesday through Sunday.
Wave Hill is honored to be a part of New York City's new IDNYC program, which provides a new, free identification card for all New York City residents. Once you have received your IDNYC card, you may apply for a Wave Hill Membership that provides the following benefits:
- Unlimited free admission for one adult, 18 years and older
- Free weekday onsite parking in January, February and March
- 10% discounts in The Shop and The Café
- Special Members-only day trips and tours
- Exclusive Members-only pre-sale opportunities for concerts and other special events
- Discounts on concerts, lectures and workshops
- Members-only sales in The Shop at Wave Hill
- Free admission to the summer Sunset Wednesdays concert series
- Quarterly newsletter by mail and monthly eNews updates
How to Apply
Once you have received your IDNYC card, you must come to Wave Hill in person to apply for your IDNYC Wave Hill membership. Visit the Perkins Visitor Center to submit your application between 11AM-3PM only. Once approved, you will receive your membership package in 14 to 21 business days.
- IDNYC cardholders are now eligible for free one-year memberships at over 35 participating institutions in 2017.
- Your IDNYC card must be valid. It DOES NOT matter when you received your card.
- Please note, not all 2016 institutions will be returning as IDNYC benefit partners in 2017.
- If you received your card in 2016 and you want to join an institution that will not participate in 2017, you must join no later than December 31, 2016.
Who is eligible?
If you are a New York City resident who has an IDNYC, you can join any institution where you have not been a member since January 1, 2013. If you were a member after that date, you cannot get a free IDNYC membership at that institution. You are still eligible for the other memberships.
How does it work?
Once New York City residents receive their IDNYC, they may go to any of the 33 organizations in New York City's Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), present their IDNYC, and receive a one-year membership. At Wave Hill, simply visit the Perkins Visitor Center to complete your membership application. Applications must be made in person between 11AM-3PM.
What is the benefit provided by Wave Hill?
One IDNYC Wave Hill Membership.
May I apply for my IDNYC at Wave Hill?
Wave Hill will not be processing IDNYC applications. Click here for more information.
What is a CIG?
New York City's Cultural Institution Group (CIG) is comprised of the 33 cultural institutions located on New York City property, such as the Bronx Zoo, The Brooklyn Museum and, of course, Wave Hill.
What other institutions/benefits are included?
A complete list of institutions and their offerings are located on the City’s website; click here.
May I renew my current Wave Hill membership for free using my Municipal ID?
You are only eligible if you are not a current member or your membership has not been active since January 1, 2013. Your membership will last for one year only.
Can I just show my Municipal ID at the front gate to gain admission?
You must register for a Wave Hill IDNYC membership in person at Wave Hill’s Perkins Visitor Center. Once you apply, you will receive your membership package within 4 weeks, including your Wave Hill Membership card, which is needed for free admission to Wave Hill. You will only be permitted to enter Wave Hill once to complete your membership application.