Wave Hill welcomes private tours of our beautiful grounds year-round. Often called “one of the greatest living works of art,” Wave Hill is a spectacular public garden and cultural center overlooking the majestic Hudson River and Palisades in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
Through its renowned gardens and programs in horticulture, education and the arts, Wave Hill is dedicated to exploring human connections to the natural world.
Guided Garden Tour
Take a tour of our vibrant, yet intimate 28-acre site. Focusing on seasonal highlights, a Wave Hill Garden Guide will give an overview of our carefully cultivated gardens and extensive collection of rare and unusual plants, along with a general history of the property. From the first awe-inspiring view at the Great Lawn and Pergola Overlook, the ever-changing array of flowers, shrubs and trees will create lasting memories for your group in any season.
Tour length:approximately one hour.
Pricing: $15 per person
Guided Gallery Tour
Join a Curatorial Fellow on an insightful tour of cutting-edge contemporary artwork in Glyndor Gallery and the Sunroom Project Space. Showcasing the work of both emerging and established artists in a unique environment, exhibitions explore the dynamic relationship between nature, culture and site. This tour always provides a compelling experience!
Tour length: approximately 30 minutes
Pricing: $15 per person
Combine the garden and gallery tours, even add a sumptuous lunch to the day’s schedule, and treat your group to a relaxed, inspiring experience!
Tour length: approximately two hours
Pricing: $25 per person
Self-guided Group Visits (20+ visitors)
Wave Hill welcomes groups interested in a self-guided visit. Enjoy the gardens, grounds and buildings at your own pace. Maps and guides are available to help you discover the endless beauty that is Wave Hill. Organized groups of 20 or more people must reserve in advance.
Pricing: Admission to the grounds.
Pricing & Reservations
- Single Guided Tour: $15 per person
- Combination Guided Tour: $25 per person
- Pricing for Private Tours is based on a 10-person minimum.
- Groups of less than 10 visitors pay a flat fee of $150 for a Single Tour, and $250 for a Combination Tour.
- Tours are welcome every day with a reservation.
- Groups requesting a guided tour should reserve a minimum of one month in advance.
- Groups planning on a self-guided visit should reserve at least one week in advance.
- For all guided tours, a non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to secure your reservation.
- Group visits take place rain or shine.