How to Apply
Complete the application form—a link is provided below—including a cover letter and resume, both as PDF attachments.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director of Horticulture, and under general supervision of the Associate Director of Horticulture, the Gardener is required to bring sound horticultural practices to bear in a multitude of gardening situations and related work. The position involves hard physical labor in all weather conditions. The successful candidate will be an experienced gardener trained to maintain and develop gardens and greenhouse collections; this includes planting, cultivating, propagating, watering, fertilizing, pruning, mulching, pest control and lawn maintenance. The Gardener will maintain and enhance the unique landscape of Wave Hill while working within a creative, collaborative department.
- Passion for gardening and a desire to work with a diverse collection of hardy and tender plants
- Minimum three years’ experience in fine gardening and related horticulture
- Familiarity with the operation and use of power and hand tools
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- Willingness to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Ability to work both independently or with others
Benefits, Salary and Schedule
This position is under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Full-time; non-exempt
- Five days a week; 35 hours a week; weekend rotation and split days off
- Competitive salary
- Benefits include major medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with a pension plan, and life insurance
Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.