- Proof of Vaccination and Proof of Identity Per executive order issued by NYC Mayor de Blasio, effective December 27, 2021, visitors 12 years of age or older must show staff at the front entrance proof that they are fully vaccinated. Adults ages 18 and older must show proof of identity.
- Children ages 5 through 11 must have proof they have received at least one dose of an approved vaccine. Also, as of January 29, 2022, children ages five through 11 must show proof that they are fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination includes:
- CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
- NYC COVID Safe App
- New York State Excelsior Pass
- NYC Vaccination Record
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the US
Valid ID includes your name accompanied by a photograph OR your date of birth, such as:
- Driver’s license
- Government ID card
- IDNYC card
- School ID card
For more on where to get vaccinated, visit New York City’s Vaccine Finder. Read more details on the mandate at NYC.gov.
- Visiting Hours The grounds are open Tuesday through Sunday from 10AM to 4:30PM (last admission at 4PM). Admission is free on Thursdays. There are no capacity restrictions.
- Wave Hill House and The Café are closed Jan 4-28 as an extra Covid safety precaution, with the exception of pop-up Café service the weekends of Jan 15/16 and Jan 22/23 from 10:30AM to 2PM.
- Are Reservations Required Before You Visit? You may make reservations in advance, but walk-in visitors are also welcome.
- Masks When You Enter and When You Leave All visitors must wear a mask to enter and exit the garden.
- Masks Indoors All visitors must wear masks indoors at all times.
- Masks when attending a program indoors or out.
- Vaccinated visitors are not required to wear masks outdoors as long as they can socially distance from others. But they must wear a mask if they attend a program outdoors.
- Children ages 11 and younger may visit, but must wear masks indoors and outdoors at all times.
- What if I Have a Disability? If you are unable to be vaccinated at this time because of a disability, staff will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation. Please keep in mind that Wave Hill’s virtual programs are available for all to enjoy.
- Our shuttle service has been temporarily halted due to increased precautions instituted by New York City government.
- Our renovated onsite parking lot is open—and the Riverdale Park parking lot is also available on a first come, first served basis.
- Wave Hill mobility assistance vehicles and wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The picnic area adjacent to Glyndor Gallery is open and visitors may bring food to eat there.
- Blankets and outdoor chairs are not allowed.
- Please leave your rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, balls, balloons, frisbees, drones, etc. at home to protect plants—bicycles can be locked up at the front entrance.
- No smoking or vaping—these are prohibited by law on Wave Hill property.
- Plan to photograph the gardens? We encourage you to do so. If you are planning a photo shoot with props or equipment larger than a smartphone or tablet, we do require registration. Simply make your request by email here.
- Photographs for wedding, engagement and family portraits require a permit and a site fee. Commercial photography also requires written permission and fees.
- Organized gatherings of any size are not permitted on the grounds without advance arrangements and may include a site rental fee. This includes birthday parties, marriage proposals, and family reunions. Please email email@example.com to help plan your gathering and check date availability.
Enjoy the gardens and have a safe visit!