Know Before You Go
Guidelines for Your Visit
- Visiting Hours The grounds are open Tuesday through Sunday from 10AM to 5:30PM. Last admission is at 5PM; the grounds close at 5:15PM. Admission is free on Thursdays (does not apply to organized groups). There are no capacity restrictions.
- Tickets Admission ticket reservations are not required in advance of your visit. Check in for admission at the front entrance gatehouse on arrival.
- Our shuttle service runs Thursday through Sunday.
- The onsite parking lot is open—and the Riverdale Park parking lot is also available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Wave Hill operates Mobility Assistance Vehicles, staffed by a Wave Hill driver, to help those with mobility issues get from one location on the grounds to another. (These vehicles are not able to travel to all locations due to the geography.) We also have manual wheelchairs available on a first-come basis that can be borrowed by guests while visiting. (Sorry, advance reservations are not available).
- Visitors may bring food to enjoy in two designated areas—the Glyndor Picnic Area adjacent to Glyndor Gallery and the Lower Picnic Area on the edge of the Lower Lawn.
- Blankets and outdoor chairs are not allowed.
- To protect our plants, please leave your rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, balls, balloons, frisbees, drones, etc. at home—bicycles can be locked up at the front entrance.
- No smoking or vaping—these are prohibited by law on Wave Hill property.
- Planning to photograph the gardens? We encourage you to do so! Our gardens, buildings and grounds are the perfect willing subjects. If you are planning a staged photo shoot of people or products using equipment larger than a smart phone, we require advance registration and fees may apply. Simply make your request at least 1 week in advance by email here.
- Photographs for wedding, engagement and family portraits require a permit and a site fee. Commercial photography also requires written permission and fees.
- Due to the intimacy of our garden, unreserved organized gatherings of any size are not permitted on the grounds during peak visitation season. Our family picnic area is not available to reserve or rent as it is a first-come, first-served public space. Group visits may be reserved in advance based on availability. And groups are welcome to pre-order food from our caterer Great Performances. Dining space will be reserved if available and may include a site rental fee. This includes birthday parties, marriage proposals and family reunions. Please email email@example.com to help plan your gathering and check date availability.
Enjoy the gardens and have a safe visit!