How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter and please state "Security Officer" in the subject line. Please use a valid email when sending resumes.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Only those receiving an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
- Open and close the grounds and buildings
- Communicate and, as needed, enforce Wave Hill’s rules and regulations to visitors and staff
- Patrol grounds, buildings and gardens ensuring all is safe and secure
- Set up facilities and equipment for public and private events
- Shuttle visitors to and from offsite parking and public transportation
- Respond to alarms and other emergency situations; provide accurate information to Management and emergency responders, if necessary
- Alert senior management about unusual occurrences and properly write incident reports as needed
- Deliver inter-office mail and packages
- Assist Facilities as needed, including snow removal
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Show an understanding of our visitors and Members
- Engage with visitors, event guests and staff in a professional and cordial manner
- Assist visitors and staff when needed
- Must be New York State-certified with at least one to two years’ experience in the security field (8- & 16-hour certification) required
- NYC Fire Guard F04 required
- A valid driver’s license in good standings required
- Experience in a public garden or cultural institution preferable
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment including folding tables, chairs, and boxes; ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work varied hours that include weekends, early mornings, late evenings and holidays
- Ability to write detailed, accurate reports in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Must be able to pass a background check
This is a full-time position, 35 hours a week with major medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension, term-life insurance, and AFLAC voluntary insurance. Salary is $31,777.00.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.