School Programs Coordinator
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to the email address below. Please state School Programs Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Candidates asked to interview for the position will be required to submit a school programs curriculum sample and prepare a demonstrated lesson using information provided.
Primary duties include:
- Facilitate and oversee all learning experiences for students in Pre-K to 12th grade including in-person and virtual academic year field trips, and summer camps
- Support partnership programs/courses on range of topics including natural sciences, art, and local history and teacher professional workshops
- In collaboration with education staff, research, compile and write pedagogically appropriate lesson plans with a progressive, social and environmental justice-oriented teaching and learning style
- Manage and maintain supplies and education spaces
- Supervise and train school program interns
- Work with the Education Assistant to ensure efficient administration of all school programming including scheduling/booking programs, ordering supplies, and processing check requests
- Support department and institutional programs as needed
- Experience teaching with school communities in an informal setting and demonstrated cultural competency to work with diverse audiences
- Comfort in interacting with large groups in the outdoors and in a classroom setting teaching natural science topics
- Degree in education, environmental/nature education, museum education or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience teaching with school community audiences
- Strong interest in Wave Hill’s education programs and mission
- Cultural competency to work with diverse and local Bronx communities
- Computer skills that include remote platforms, Microsoft office
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
This is a full-time position reporting to the Education Programs Manager. There is some offsite travel to schools, and occasional evenings and weekend days required.
Benefits including: medical, dental, vision insurance; paid time off; 401k, pension plan and life insurance.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.