Full-Time School Programs Coordinator
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to the email address below. Please state School Programs Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Candidates asked to interview for the position will be required to submit a school programs curriculum sample and prepare a demonstrated lesson using information provided. No calls please.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops pedagogically appropriate lesson plans and extensions meeting New York State and national school standards, updates lessons seasonally according to industry best practices
- Manages schedules, trainings and evaluation for part time educators and interns
- Acts as a lead teacher for field trips, summer camps, and in-school programs
- Performs outreach to schools and community partners to build relationships and promote programs
- Purchases supplies and oversees maintenance and organization of program materials
- Assists with the preparation of proposals, reports, evaluations, and other documents
In addition to teaching and administrative duties, additional requirements include:
- Degree in education, environmental/nature education, museum education or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience teaching with school community audiences in an informal setting
- Experience teaching natural science topics in an outdoor setting
- Strong interest in Wave Hill’s education programs and mission
- Cultural competency to work with diverse and local Bronx communities
- Computer skills that include remote platforms and Microsoft office
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Schedule & Salary
This is a full-time position reporting to the Education Programs Manager. The schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4:00PM, with occasional evenings and weekend days required. The salary range is $38,000 to $42,000, plus benefits, which include medical, dental, vision insurance; paid time off; 401k, pension plan and life insurance.
The hiring salary range is dependent on the scope of work and responsibilities of the position. Salaries offered to candidates are based on numerous factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, skills, training and certifications, education, and other factors in addition to the scope of responsibilities of the specific position.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.