Social & Digital Media Manager
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter Human Resources. Please include Social and Digital Manager in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
The Social and Digital Media Manager will be responsible for updates and functionality of the website, will create new photographic, audio and video content, manage social media channels and create social media campaigns, and ensuring digital media best practices across all channels. Working closely with the Marketing and Communications Director and other departmental directors, the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, a versatile, creative content creator and flexible collaborator. The Social and Digital Media Manager will actively participate in data collection and analysis, create reports, and help to shape strategy to consistently improve Wave Hill's social and digital media practices over time. This role will also manage relationships with influencers and partner with other organizations on social and digital media initiatives. The department works at a fast pace and very collaboratively, an environment that will suit a strong team player who wants to own significant responsibility for communication channels that are ever-growing in importance.
- Develop digital media content plans that are consistent with Wave Hill’s brand identity.
- Create consistent, meaningful content on all social and digital media platforms, working independently and in coordination with other stakeholders
- Current social channels include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok
- Improve customer engagement, and promote social media campaigns, including some advertising
- Manage a robust program of frequent social media posts
- Communicate with social media followers, including timely responses to queries
- Develop and manage social influencer relationships and attend occasional social influencer events
- Deploy analytical tools, including Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro and Facebook Insights, to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Prepare monthly reports on social media marketing efforts
- Photograph and video the gardens and programs throughout the seasons and produce short in-house videos for use on digital media and other marketing channels. Edit and archive footage
- Establish annual external photography needs and schedule, hire photographers and occasionally manage shoots
- Manage seasonal updates to wavehill.org, including to calendar feature
- Work with designer and marketing manager to create new/or revise existing content for the website
- Analyze web performance and create report for department Director
- Flexible schedule, with some weekend and evening event/program attendance required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Three to five years’ social media platform experience
- Proven success in developing digital and social media campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with skill in creating and editing content
- Strong production management, multitasking and decision-making skills
- Excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Drive
- Metrics-driven social media mind with eye for creativity
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Meltwater, Cisionpoint or other public relations tools
- Knowledge of Basecamp or other project management tools
- Familiarity with Altru or other constituent management database systems, preferred
- CMS/website experience, a plus
- Strong team player who can contribute to a collaborative environment
- Flexible schedule, with occasional weekend and event attendance
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this full-time position will be based on candidate’s experience, with a range of $50,000 to $60,000. Excellent benefits package which is includes pension plan. Hybrid work available after 4 weeks of employment.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.