How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document. The cover letter should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager.
Please state Registrar/Education Assistant in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
- Respond to all departmental inquiries about reservations, programs and internships
- Coordinate field trips and other educational programs, and process payments using our reservation system
- Greet school groups and review Wave Hill’s policies with them
- Ensure information regarding Education’s programs is accurate on the institutional calendar
- Use Altru to update and maintain department’s databases, and build and utilize queries
- Provide the department with monthly reports and quarterly statistics on tracking school groups visits
- Handle budget-related responsibilities. Including, but not limited to, completing invoices, processing check requests and updating budget sheets
- Develop procedures for ordering supplies, maintaining inventory and checking out equipment for the department
- Provide general administrative duties for the Director and department, such as setting up meetings, booking conference rooms, sending out acknowledgment letters, filing and check request, tracking department expenses, etc.
- Other duties/projects may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or Associate’s Degree with commensurate experience)
- One to two years of experience in an office environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and fulfill a high volume of incoming requests, phone calls and emails, related to a variety of departmental matters
- Demonstrate welcoming, warm personality and superior customer-service skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and be able to converse with audiences of all ages
- Experience at a cultural institution and/or interest in the education field a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience using Altru or other CRM/ticketing and membership database
- Able to work successfully individually and as a member of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Salary and Benefits
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement. Salary is $36,390 annually. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) Plan, pension plan and life insurance.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wave Hill
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wave Hill is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.