- Music + Performances
Summer Evening with Samara Joy
Great Lawn; Rain site: Armor Hall
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
We are delighted by your enthusiasm for Samara Joy’s performance!
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
- Advance ticket purchase required for admission.
- No onsite sales. Walk-ups will not gain entry.
A NOTE ABOUT WEATHER
- Weather permitting, this concert will take place on the Great Lawn. If outdoors, visitors may bring folding chairs and blankets. Picnicking is permitted. The Café and Shop are open until 7PM
- In the event of poor weather, the performance will move indoors with extremely limited seating capacity.
- Ticketholders must have purchased a “Rain or Shine” ticket to be granted admission indoors.
- Ticketholders will be notified by email if the concert moves indoors and "Shine only" tickets will be refunded. Rain location: Armor Hall.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.549.3200 x251.
Fresh off her double Grammy win—Best Jazz Vocal Album and the auspicious Best New Artist award—23-year-old, Bronx-born and -raised Samara Joy returns to Wave Hill for a bespoke outdoor concert that’s not to be missed!
With her Grammy Award Winning Verve Records debut, Linger Awhile, Samara makes her case to join the likes of Sarah, Ella and Billie as the next mononymous jazz singing sensation. Praised for “helping jazz take a youthful turn” (The New York Times), her voice, rich and velvety yet precociously refined, has already earned her fans like Anita Baker and Regina King, appearances on the TODAY Show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, CBS Mornings, MSNBC, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Drew Barrymore, and more, in addition to millions of likes on TikTok—all cementing her status as perhaps the first Gen Z jazz singing star.
A grassy area overlooking the Hudson River, the Great Lawn is accessible from the front entrance of Wave Hill. Wave Hill House and Armor Hall are wheelchair-accessible. There is an accessible, ground-level entrance at the front of the building with a power-assist door. The restroom on the ground level is all-gender and ADA-compliant. Additional ADA-compliant restrooms are available on the lower level, which can be accessed by elevator.