Family Art Project: Textures of the Wetlands
Flooded by water, wetlands are ecosystems that welcome biodiversity. They are very important landscapes that nourish and heal nature. For World Wetlands Day, we’ll take some time to investigate what makes wetlands so natural at healing and how you can support wetlands in these processes. Using experimental mark-making, resist techniques and alternative printing processes, translate textures into vibrant, multi-dimensional works of art. Collect found, upcycled and natural objects around you to play with textures in paint.
- Registration is required in advance.
- Registration opens on the Monday before the program and closes immediately before the program begins.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult during the entirety of the program.
- A link to access the program on Zoom will be emailed to you upon confirming your registration.
- Materials needed for each project will be sent to you via email upon confirming your registration. All materials will be items that are likely to be found in any home, and suggested alternatives will be included in case the primary materials are not available.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.549.3200 x251.