Jobs & Internships
As a member of the Visitor Services Department, the Security Officer plays an integral role in helping to provide a positive visitor experience. The Security Officer position reports directly to the Security Supervisor.
- Enforce Wave Hills rules and regulations.
- Patrol the grounds.
- Set up conference facilities and equipment for public and private events .
- Take responsibility for in-house mail delivery.
- Perform some custodial duties during inclement weather.
- New York-certified with at least one year of experience in the security field
- Background in fire prevention or NYC Fire Guard a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in a public garden or cultural institution preferable
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and able to interact with the public and staff
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment, including folding tables, chairs and boxes
- Must be able to work varied hours, including weekends
- This part-time position offes a wage range of $10.00 to $12.50 per hour based on experience.
Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls